Specified Information Order
The Elected Local Policing Bodies (Specified Information) (Amendment) Order 2021 sets out a range of specified information that Police and Crime Commissioners’ Offices are required to make available to the public.
Providing this information is an important part of our role in ensuring transparency in policing and holding Surrey Police accountable to the public.
This page acts as a directory to where you can find Specified Information on this website:
Who we are and what we do
- Lisa Townsend is your Police and Crime Commissioner for Surrey. She is supported in her role by Deputy Commissioner Ellie Vesey-Thompson.
- Read about the Commissioner’s role and responsibilities or see our page about the Deputy Commissioner’s background and focus. These pages contain the Commissioner and Deputy Commissioners salary information, expenses and disclosable interests.
- See more information about our team, including the demographic and salary breakdown for our office, and salary details and expenses for senior posts;
- Our Staff Structure chart contains a diagram of key roles and the number of full and part-time staff employed.
- See a list of assets owned by the Commissioner or read the Scheme of Governance that contains a number of documents about the governance structure and procedures for our office, Surrey Police, and joint governance by Surrey Police and Sussex Police and between the Police and Crime Commissioners in Surrey and Sussex.
- Contact the Commissioner or our team using the details or form on our Contact page.
Priorities and progress
- Read the Commissioner’s Police and Crime Plan or view all publications including Annual Report(s) and council tax leaflets here.
- You can see the latest information on Surrey Police performance on our dedicated Data Hub. The Hub contains specific information on progress against each area of the Police and Crime Plan, as well as more information on contact with our office, funding for local services and more;
- Updates on specific performance topics are also included in regular public performance meetings with the Chief Constable;
- View all information about our Independent Custody Visiting Scheme here.
- Information on the most recent Police Efficiency, Effectiveness and Legitimacy (PEEL) Inspection of Surrey Police can be found on our Performance page;
- Visit our Statutory Responses page to read the Commissioner’s responses to reports and inspections by His Majesty’s Inspectorate of Constabulary and Fire and Rescue Services (HMICFRS) and police complaints updates from the Independent Office for Police Conduct (IOPC).
- Read our Position Statement on the response to the Government’s national policing priorities here.
Decisions, including funding for local services
- All formal decisions made the Commissioner, including regularly approved decisions for funding local services, are published and can be searched or filtered on our Commissioner’s Decisions page;
- Additional information on the funding provided by our office to local services can be found on our Funding Statistics page and in our Commissioning Strategy.
- Public meeting papers and minutes for all public meetings can be found and searched by category on our All meetings and Agenda’s page.
Budget and spending
- You can see the budget for our office, for Surrey Police on our Surrey Police Finances page;
- This page also contains the agreed precept proposal for the amount that is contributed by households towards Surrey Police through council tax, Financial reports and audit letters, and details of the allowance schemes for Independent Custody Visitors, Joint Audit Committee Members and Independent Members and Legally Qualified Chairs who serve on misconduct panels.
- You can see further information on all Surrey Police spending over £500 on the Spotlight on Spend website.
Contact and complaints
- Our Complaints pages contain detailed information about the complaints process, complaints against Surrey Police, complaints against the Commissioner or Deputy Commissioner and whistleblowing;
- Read our Self-Assessment of our performance in carrying out our complaints handling functions here.
Lists and Registers
- View Freedom of Information requests we have received here;
- View the Gifts and Hospitality Register and Disclosure of Interests document for the Commissioner here.
- View the Disclosure of Interests document for the Deputy Commissioner here.
Policies and Procedures
- Policies and legal documents are contained on our Policies and legal information page.
- Our Complaints Process page, Commissioning Strategy page and Our funding page also contain specific policies for the handling of complaints and the provision of funding.
- You can also see details of collaborative agreements within the Scheme of Governance and on our Commissioner’s Decisions pages.
- Read our Accessibility Statement here.
Applications for youth forum open after first members flag mental health and substance misuse as priorities for police
Applications have opened for the second Surrey Youth Commission, which allows children and young people to have their say on crime and policing.
“It can hugely profit the criminal gangs who cause so much misery”: Deputy Commissioner warns of “extremely dangerous” consequences of rural crime
Surrey's Deputy Police and Crime Commissioner has warned of the true cost of rural crime as a national week of action begins.
“It wasn’t me – my one-night stand borrowed the car”: Commissioner shares worst-ever excuses for speeding as she marks Surrey Police campaign
The Commissioner shared some of the worst excuses for speeding ever heard by the county's roads policing officers as a new campaign begins.