Surrey’s Police and Crime Panel is managed by Surrey County Council and scrutinises the actions and decisions made by your PCC Lisa Townsend.
The Panel consists of one elected councillor from each of Surrey’s boroughs, as well as two independent Members. The Police and Crime Panel can make recommendations to the PCC on key decisions, as well as vote on the PCC’s proposed council tax amount for policing ahead of each financial year.
Your Police and Crime Commissioner holds regular meetings with Surrey’s Police and Crime Panel. The public part of meetings is made available by Surrey County Council via live stream, and supported by key messages from the PCC’s social media pages.
The next Police and Crime Panel meeting is on 04 February 2022. This meeting will vote on the level of council tax precept for policing proposed by Commissioner Lisa Townsend following public consultation with residents in December and January.
The Surrey Police and Crime Panel web page contains more information on Panel Members, dates of Panel meetings, and public reports and papers submitted by the PCC’s Office for each meeting.
Surrey Police and Crime Panel Members
- Cllr David Reeve, Chair – Epsom and Ewell Borough Council
- Cllr Bruce McDonald – Elmbridge Borough Council
- Cllr Fiona White – Guildford Borough Council
- Cllr Paul Kennedy – Mole Valley District Council
- Cllr Victor Lewanski – Reigate and Banstead Borough Council
- Cllr John Furey – Runnymede Borough Council
- Cllr Bernie Spoor – Spelthorne Borough Council
- Cllr Keith Witham – Surrey County Council
- Cllr Valerie White – Surrey Heath Borough Council
- Cllr Mick Gillman – Tandridge District Council
- Cllr John Robini – Waverley Borough Council
- Cllr Will Forster – Woking Borough Council
- Mr Philip Walker – Independent Member
- Mr Martin Stilwell – Independent Member