Author and Job Role: Kelvin Menon, Treasurer
Protective Marking: OFFICIAL
On the 2nd February 2024 the Police and Crime Panel considered the recommendation from the Police and Crime Commissioner for Surrey to issue a Band D council tax precept for the Surrey area of £323.57. As the recommendation was not vetoed and the statutory requirements in respect of scrutiny from the panel have now been completed the Commissioner is able to:
- set the revenue budget for 2024/25.
- Set the capital budget for 2024/25
- Calculate the budget requirement for 2024/25 and
- Issue precept notices to billing authorities for 2024/25.
A report has been attached to this decision notice:
As set out on the attached report it is recommended that the Police and Crime Commissioner for Surrey approves:
- The proposed revenue and capital budgets for 2024/25.
- The calculations of council tax in 2024/25 in accordance with sections 43, 44 and 47 of the Local Government Finance Act 1992,
- The 2024/25 council tax precept notices for £323.57 for a band D property be issued.
Police and Crime Commissioner approval
I approve the recommendation(s):
Signature: Police and Crime Commissioner Lisa Townsend (wet signed copy held at PCC office)
Date: 09 February 2024
All decisions must be added to the decision register.