We’re teaming up with Surrey Police to give local residents chance to have their say on policing in their local communities.
A series of ‘Policing Your Community’ events will take place from 24 October 2023 – 29 January 2024 and offer residents the opportunity to put their questions about local policing to the Commissioner Lisa Townsend, Chief Constable Tim De Meyer and the Inspector responsible for the local policing in each Borough and District.
It comes at an exciting time for the Force, with more police officers in Surrey’s communities than ever before.
New Chief Constable Tim De Meyer was appointed by the Commissioner in April and will talk about the current challenges and plans for Surrey Police.
The events will also take place ahead of the Commissioner’s consultation on the amount that residents will contribute towards policing from next year’s council tax, giving residents a chance to learn more about how their money is used both visibly – and behind the scenes – to boost crime fighting across Surrey.
Arrival for in-person events begins at 6:30pm with presentations starting at 6:45pm. Online events will then take place in January 2024, with events starting at 6pm and 7:45pm on nights throughout the month.
Events are free to attend but residents are urged to register their attendance by selecting the link for their local event below:
Join in your area
- 18:30-20:30 Wednesday 01 November – Spelthorne
- 18:30-20:30 Monday 06 November – Epsom & Ewell
- 18:30-20:30 Wednesday 08 November – Reigate & Banstead
- 18:30-20:30 Monday 13 November – Elmbridge
- 18:30-20:30 Monday 20 November – Tandridge
- 18:30-20:30 Wednesday 22 November – Woking
- 18:30-20:30 Wednesday 29 November – Runnymede
- 18:30-20:30 Monday 04 December – Waverley
- Guildford – this event has now passed. Join us online on 22 January
- Mole Valley- this event has now passed. Join us online on 17 January
- Surrey Heath – this event has now passed. Join us online on 08 January
For those that can’t make it to an in-person event, online events will take place for each borough and district between Monday 08 January until 29 January 2024.
Register for your event below:
- 18:00-19:00 Monday, 08 January – Surrey Heath
- 19:45-20:45 Monday, 08 January – Spelthorne
- 18:00-19:00 Tuesday, 09 January – Elmbridge
- 18:00-19:00 Tuesday, 16 January – Runnymede
- 19:45-20:45 Tuesday, 16 January – Reigate & Banstead
- 18:00-19:00 Wednesday, 17 January – Mole Valley
- 19:45-20:45 Wednesday, 17 January – Tandridge
- 18:00-19:00 Monday, 22 January – Guildford
- 19:45-20:45 Monday, 22 January – Epsom & Ewell
- 18:00-19:00 Monday, 29 January – Woking
- 19:45-20:45 Monday, 29 January – Waverley
Please contact us if you have any questions about the events or would like to receive this information in a different format.
Three Surrey areas are in line to get a huge boost after the Commissioner's office secured almost £1m from the Home Office's Safer Streets Fund.
Deputy Commissioner Ellie Vesey-Thompson joined officers on a proactive operation to disrupt serious crime.
Surrey Police and the Office of Commissioner are teaming up to hold events in every borough and district