Surrey Police and the Office of the Police and Crime Commissioner for Surrey are holding a series of public engagement events in every borough and district across the county in January and February 2020.
The ‘Policing Your Community’ events are an opportunity for residents to hear from Surrey Police’s Chief Officer Group and Police and Crime Commissioner David Munro, as well as to ask questions and engage with their local Borough Commander.
Borough Commanders will update on the policing priorities and community issues in your area, while a Chief Officer will give an update on the current challenges for policing and future plans for the service in Surrey.
This is your chance to ask questions and comment on the future of policing in Surrey, including an outline of plans for the new year and consultation on the local council tax precept.
Chief Constable Gavin Stephens said: “We want to deliver the best possible policing service in Surrey and it is extremely important our residents are involved in understanding and shaping how we do this. These events are a great opportunity to get those conversations going. We really want to talk to as many people as possible so please do register for your local event and come along to see us.”
PCC David Munro said: “Residents regularly tell me how much they value policing in their local area and it is really important to me that we involve the Surrey public in our plans for the future. As we enter a new year and set the new council tax precept amount, this is a valuable time to be involved and have your say.”
The first event will take place at Camberley Theatre, on Wednesday 8th January. Arrival for all events will be from 6:45pm, and are free to attend. Presentations will start at 7pm, followed by the opportunity to ask questions.
See the full list of dates below. Please remember to register for your desired event by clicking the link:
- Wednesday, 8th January – Surrey Heath (Camberley Theatre)
- Thursday, 9th January – Mole Valley (Dorking Halls)
- Tuesday, 14th January – Elmbridge (Civic Centre)
- Wednesday, 15th January – Spelthorne (Hazelwood Centre)
- Tuesday, 21st January – Woking (LightBox)
- Monday, 27 January – Epsom and Ewell (Longmead Centre)
- Tuesday, 28th January – Reigate & Banstead (Harlequin Theatre)
- Wednesday, 29th January – Runnymede (Chertsey Hall)
- Thursday, 30th January – Tandridge (South Godstone Community Hall)
- Monday, 3rd February – Waverley (Farnham Maltings)
- Wednesday, 5th February – Guildford (Harbour Hotel)
We look forward to seeing you there.