The Office of the PCC is working alongside local authorities and services to respond to Covid-19 in Surrey.
The Government has announced a new national lockdown from Thursday, 05 November until Wednesday 02 December. This includes new restrictions on meeting other people, for businesses and travel.
Under new rules, you must not:
- Leave home except for essential journeys for food, healthcare and essential shopping, childcare and education, to care for others or volunteer, or for work that cannot be carried out at home
- Meet with more than one other person from another household in a public outdoor place. It is not allowed to meet anyone from another household indoors, or in a private garden
The following applies:
- Pubs and bars, non-essential retail and leasure and entertainment venues will close
- Suport bubbles will continue to be allowed
- Schools, colleges and universities will remain open
- Individuals are encouraged to continue to take exercise outdoors
- Children whose parents are separated may move between each parent’s home
- other individuals may not stay overnight away from their home, or in a second home
You are required by law to self-isolate if you have the virus, awaiting a test or test result, or have been asked to do so. The Surrey Police and Government responses to Covid-19 can be found using the links below:
Support in Surrey
Non-medical advice and support is available for those affected affected by and worried about Coronavirus, including help with deliveries, accessing medicines or tackling loneliness. Visit the Surrey County Council Coronavirus pages for more information or call the Community Helpline on 0300 200 1008.
- Your Sanctuary Domestic Abuse helpline 01483 776822
Every day 9am-9pm or visit https://www.yoursanctuary.org.uk/
- Mental Health Crisis Helpline 0800 915 4644 (24hrs)
(NHS Surrey and Borders Partnership)
- Surrey Drug and Alcohol Care 24hr helpline 0808 802 5000
or online at https://sdac-helpline.co.uk/
- Report scams to Action Fraud 0300 123 2040 or online at https://www.actionfraud.police.uk/
- Contact the Citizens Advice Consumer Helpline on 0808 223 1133
If you experience symptoms of coronavirus, limit all contact with others. Do not go to a GP, Pharmacy or hospital.
For information, see the NHS online pages.
PCC Coronavirus Support Fund
In March, the Office of the PCC launched a Coronavirus Support Fund that has committed over £370,000 in additional funding to services helping those affected by domestic abuse, homelessness and substance abuse – ensuring support is still there for those that desperately need it.