Community Trigger launched – how you can use it

The Community Trigger has been introduced to give victims and communities the right to request a review of their anti-social behaviour complaints and brings agencies together to take a joined up, problem solving approach to find a solution.

Can you use the Community Trigger?

The community trigger is for you if you feel that no-one is dealing with the anti-social behaviour problems you are experiencing.

You can request a review of your anti-social behaviour complain if

  • you are a victim of Anti-Social Behaviour (ASB) or another person acting on behalf of the victim such as a carer or family member, MP or councillor or professional person. The victim could be an individual, a business or a community group.
  • you have reported three times in the last six months separate, but related, anti-social behaviour incidents to agencies and the problem persists, or
  • you are aware that other people in the local community have reported separate, but related, anti-social incidents to agencies in the last six months and the problem persists. The trigger will be started if five or more individuals have made separate, but related reports over a six month period.

How do I use the Community Trigger?

If you think you that your issue or concern is relevant to the Community Trigger system and meets the criteria, you need to contact your local Community Safety Partnership (see below).

Find out more about how you can submit a Community Trigger in your local area:


Epsom & Ewell:


Mole Valley:

Reigate & Banstead:



Surrey Heath:




What happens next?

Your Community Safety Partnership will be able to provide you with a form to request a review. Once you have submitted your form you should receive notification that it has been received. The response should also include an outline the timescales for a full response, which will not exceed 25 working days from receipt of the form.

The Community Safety Partnership will then meet and review your case and inform you of the outcome.

How can the Police and Crime Commissioner help?

The Office of the Police and Crime Commissioner will provide a route if you wish to query the decision made by the Community Safety Partnership on whether the threshold was met or the way a trigger was reviewed and carried out.

If you wish to ask the Office of the Police and Crime Commissioner to review the decision made by the Community Safety Partnership please contact the Office by –

Telephone on 01483 630 200

Email at

Write to: The Police and Crime Commissioner for Surrey, PO Box 412, Guildford, Surrey GU3 1BR.

Share on: